rock climbing frey
A place full of history, visited by climbers from all around the globe.
Frey, with its sharp granite spires, is the south American mecca for traditional climbing.
Bariloche is our starting point, where we meet, make an introduction to the trip and enjoy dinner together in town.
We aproach Frey from Cerro Catedral parking lot, the biggest ski resort in South America. The trail traverses with beautiful view of the Nahuel Huapi and Gutierrez lakes at the beggining and through a deep forest of Coihues and Lenga trees before getting to the hut. Frey is an amazing spot by the Toncek lake, all surrounded by spires in the skyline. According on the technical level and interests of our guests, we´ll spend the next 5 days exploring the endless options in the area.
Taking advantage of the geographical location of Bariloche, we´ll use the dessert crags, driving not more than 40 minutes east, as a backup plan in case of bad weather in Frey.
- ● Climb with a local IFMGA7UIAGM certified mountain guide, bilingual and with experience all around the world.
● Experience the world class granite spires of Frey, a classic destination in Patagonia.
● Enjoy the Argentinean cultural experience, its great food, people, and the charming town of Bariloche
● Learn and refine your technique helped by a top notch guide and local expert.
● Take advantage of the personalized service that makes Andes Mountain Guides the best option in Patagonia.
- IFMGA/UIAGM Mountain Guides (English-Spanish)
- 2 Hotel nights in Bariloche
- All food when trekking/climbing
- Restaurant dinners (drinks not included) as seen on itinerary.
- All camping and cooking gear
- Private ground transportation during the trip
- Porter for food and group gear.
- Group technical gear (ropes, climbing gear, snow shovel, maps, G.P.S, compass, etc)
- Satellite phone service
- 24/7 assistance in the US before and during the program
- Plane tickets
- Access fees
- Restaurant Meals and those meals not listed in the itinerary
- Restaurant drinks
- Personal equipment
- Personal expenses
- Rescue costs and extra expenses caused by abandoning the trip
- Skill level: Begginer to advanced. Trad rock climbing
- 5.7 to 5.11. No experience required.
- Location: Bariloche, Patagonia Argentina
- Length: 7 days
- Climber/guide ratio: 1:1 / 2:1
- Cost per person: 1:1 US$3200 2:1 US$2100
- Departure dates: on request from October to March.
Bariloche. We meet at the airport and transfer to your hotel where we do an intro of the trip and check gear. After we go out for dinner. This cozy town by the lake offers good restaurants, nightlife and D.
Frey approach. From downtown we drive to the foothills of Cerro Catedral, a world class ski resort. From here we traverse by the Gutierrez Lake to get to the Van Titter creek and walk the last switchbacks to Refugio Frey, at 1770 meters above sea level. A porter will help us with the supplies for the next days. After getting there, we set up our tents and get the first glimpse of the area granite spires. Depending on how we feel, we might do some climbing in the evening.
DAYS 3 and 5
Climbing Frey. We spend the next 2 days in this rock paradise by the lake, choosing routes according to individual climbing skills and objectives. Here we are to climb single and multi-pitch routes from bolted faces to long cracks, always surrounded by this amazing Patagonian landscape. B, LB, D.
Bariloche. After our last session of climbing we hike down towards our car, in time to get to the hotel for a well deserved shower and a great celabration dinner. D.
Flight back. After breakfast we drive to the airport for your flight home. End of our services.