FREY BACK-COUNTRY SKI
A place full of history, Frey is visited by skiers from all around the globe, motivated by the magical landscape, the quality of the ski lines and the culture and atmosphere that surrounds this cozy hut by the lake.
Frey lifestyle is also a plus. Good food, draft beer and beautiful sunsets in a cosmopolitan environment makes this ski trip a great experience.
● Experience the world class ski lines of Frey, a classic destination in Patagonia.
● Enjoy the Argentinean cultural experience, its great food, people, and the charming town of Bariloche
● Learn and refine your technique helped by a top notch guide and local expert.
● Take advantage of the personalized service that makes Andes Mountain Guides the best option in Patagonia.
AMG offers the highests standards on Patagonia guided expeditions. Being a small company specialized on custom trips, we approach our Ice Cap Expedition with the same spirit, offering a personalized service in every aspect, with the advantage of having an office both in Argentina and in the USA. Our groups are small, our expeditions don´t overlap and our guides are simply the best: fully IFMGA certified, elite alpinists with extensive experience working not only in Patagonia but all around the world.
- Skill level: Intermediate to advanced. Previous experience
- in BC ski required
- Location: Bariloche, Patagonia Argentina
- Length: 4 days
- Skier/guide ratio: 1:1 / 4:1
- Cost per person: 1:1 US$1400 4:1 US$800
- Departure dates: on request from July to October.
- IFMGA/UIAGM Mountain Guide (English-Spanish)
- All food when in the mountains
- Farewell restaurant dinner (drinks not included) as seen on itinerary.
- 3 nights full board at Frey Hut
- Private ground transportation during the trip
- Porter for food and group gear.
- Group technical gear (ropes, climbing gear, snow shovel, maps, G.P.S, compass, etc)
- Satellite communication service
- 24/7 assistance before and during the program.
- Restaurant meals not listed in the itinerary
- Restaurant drinks
- Personal equipment
- Personal expenses
- Rescue costs and extra expenses caused by abandoning the trip
- Lift tickets
Frey approach. From downtown we drive to the foothills of Cerro Catedral, a world class ski resort. Depending on conditions, we can traverse the summer trail or take the Catedral Resort lifts and traverse the ridge to gain the Paso del Viento and access the Van Titter creek run, which makes a great start of the trip. Once at the hut, we get confortable, take a rest and go for a few laps around the lake. LB, D.
DAYS 2 and 3
Frey BC Ski. These two days we try to cover the best ski terrain in the area. The options are many, from classic moderate runs and traverses with amazing views to technical narrow couloirs by sharp granite spires. Always using Frey for lodging and chilling. B, LB, D
Frey to Bariloche. On our last day, we do the last session early in the morning, then we traverse back to the ski resort, this time through a different pass, which takes us to ski Lagunita, another classic in the area. After skiing to the base of Catedral, we drive to town for dinner and celebration at the local brewery. B, LB, D