ACROSS THE ANDES TOUR
Ski touring on the Argentinean and Chilean volcanoes is a unique experience. Amazing conic mountains, long descents, wild hot springs and great food make this trip the classic ski mountaineering option in Patagonia.
● Visit the four classic volcanoes in Patagonia, make long ski descents, relax in amazing hot springs
● Enjoy the Argentinean and Chilean culture, its great food, people and landscapes
● Learn and refine your technique helped by a top notch guide and local expert.
● Take advantage of the personalized service that makes Andes Mountain Guides the best option in Patagonia
AMG offers the highest standards on Patagonia trekking trips. Being a small company specialized on custom programs, we offer a personalized service in every aspect, with the advantage of having an office both in Argentina and in the USA. Our IFMGA and AAGM certified guides are elite mountaineers with extensive experience working not only in Patagonia but all around the world.
- IFMGA/UIAGM Mountain Guide (English-Spanish)
- All food when in the mountains
- Restaurant dinners as seen in the itinerary
- All the lodging during the trip
- Private ground transportation
- Group technical gear (ropes, climbing gear, snow shovel, maps, G.P.S, compass, etc)
- Satellite communication service
- 24/7 assistance before and during the program.
- Plane tickets
- Hot Springs entry fees
- Restaurant meals not listed in the itinerary
- Restaurant drinks
- Personal equipment
- Personal expenses
- Rescue costs and extra expenses caused by abandoning the trip
- Lift tickets
- Skill level: Intermediate to advanced. Previous experience
in BC ski required
- Location: Patagonia (Argentina, Chile)
- Length: 10 days
- Climber/guide ratio: 1:1 / 4:1
- Cost per person: 1:1 US$4000 4:1 US$3000
- Departure dates: on request from August to October.
Bariloche. We meet at the airport and transfer to your hotel where we do an intro of the trip and check gear. After we go out for dinner. This cozy town by the lake offers good restaurants, vibrant nightlife and friendly people. D.
Meiling Hut. We pick you up at your hotel where we check gear and arrange the last details. Drive to Pampa Linda, check in with the park rangers and hike 4/5 hours to Meiling Hut at 1900 mts. In the evening we arrange our equipment enjoy dinner at the hut and get ready for summit day. LB,
Tronador Summit. Early in the morning we have breakfast at the hut and start skinning on the glacier to take advantage of the firm frozen snow. Our first challenge will be to traverse the Filo de La Vieja, a sharp ridge that divides two glaciers. After a technical descend from the Filo, we keep traversing though crevasses and seracs until reaching the big plateau before the summit. From here the terrain gets steeper and windier by the pass, so we change techniques to short roping climbing, pitching and/or rope fixing to deal with the last challenging section that leads us to the summit of the Argentinean Peak. After spending some time on the top, we start our 1500 meters ski descent to the hut. After a rest we keep descending all the way to Pampa Linda and then to Bariloche . B, LB, D.
Bariloche to Ensenada. After breakfast we cross the border to Chile and make a stop at the Aguas Calientes hot springs. After a relaxing session we keep driving to our cabin in the small village of Ensenada, at the foothills of the Volcan Osorno, where we get ready for our next objective. B, L, D.
Volcan Osorno. We start driving early to the Osorno ski resort. From the lifts we start skinning up on the south west side, to reach the west ridge that will take us to the summit at 2652 meters. After enjoying fantastic views of the rest of our objectives, we enjoy a long ski descent to the base of the volcan. Back to Ensenada. B, LB, D.
Pucon. This day we drive to Pucon with a stop at the Geometricas, probably the best hot springs in Chile. Later we get to the charming town of Pucon, where we spend the evening on the foothills of the volcan Villarrica. B, L, D.
Volcan Villarrica. After breakfast we cross the border to Chile and make a stop at the Aguas Calientes hot springs. After a relaxing session we keep driving to our cabin in the small village of Ensenada, at the foothills of the Volcan Osorno, where we get ready for our next objective. B, L, D.
Lanin Hut. After breakfast we cross the border back to Argentina and get to the trail head of Lanin. Our objective today is to ascend to the Lanin Hut, at 2300 meters. Here we spend the night and get ready for a challenging climb next day. B, L, D.
Lanin Summit. We start our way to the top at sunrise. The last section to the summit will demand crampons and ice axe. Once we get to the summit at 3750 meters, we get ready for a long ski descend to the hut first, and after a rest all the way down to the base. In the evening we drive to Junin the Los Andes, where we celebrate our trip and rest at our lodge. B, LB, D.
Bariloche . In the morning we start driving south to Bariloche, stoping for lunch at the Limay river before heading to the airport for your flight back or to town to continue your trip. B, L, D.