Classic Volcanoes Ski Tour
During this week we visit the four classic ski mountaineering volcanoes in Chile: Osorno, Villarrica, Llaima and Lonquimay. Everyday we enjoy fantastic ski in beautiful conic mountains, relaxing hot springs in the evening and great traditional Chilean cuisine.
The best destinations on your first approach to the countless Chilean volcanoes ski options, with the AMG signature personalized service.
● Visit the four classic volcanoes in Patagonia, make long ski descents, relax in amazing hot springs
● Enjoy the Chilean culture, its great food, people and landscapes
● Learn and refine your technique helped by a top notch guide and local expert.
● Take advantage of the personalized service that makes Andes Mountain Guides the best option in Patagonia
AMG offers the highest standards on Patagonia trekking trips. Being a small company specialized on custom programs, we offer a personalized service in every aspect, with the advantage of having an office both in Argentina and in the USA. Our IFMGA and AAGM certified guides are elite mountaineers with extensive experience working not only in Patagonia but all around the world.
- IFMGA/UIAGM Mountain Guide (English-Spanish)
- All food when in the mountains
- Restaurant dinners as seen in the itinerary
- All the lodging during the trip
- Hot Springs fees
- Private ground transportation
- Group technical gear (ropes, climbing gear, snow shovel, maps, G.P.S, compass, etc)
- Satellite communication service
- 24/7 assistance before and during the program.
- Plane tickets
- Restaurant meals not listed in the itinerary
- Restaurant drinks
- Personal equipment
- Personal expenses
- Rescue costs and extra expenses caused by abandoning the trip
- Lift tickets
- Skill level: Intermediate to advanced. Previous experience in BC ski required.
- Location: Chile.
- Length: 7 days
- Climber/guide ratio: 1:1 / 4:1
- Cost per person: 1:1 US$4000 4:1 US$2500
- Departure dates: on request from August to October.
Puerto Montt. We meet at the airport and drive to our lodge in Ensenada, by the Llanquihue lake. Here we do an intro of the trip and check gear before we go out for dinner. D.
Volcan Osorno (2630 mts). We get early to the base of the Volcano, where a small ski resort is. From here we ski up to reach the west rib and then up towards the summit. After enjoying the downhill time, we get back to Ensenada. Elevation gain: 1500 meters. B, LB, D.
Pucon. This day we drive to Pucon with a stop at the Geometricas, probably the best hot springs in Chile. Later we get to the charming town of Pucon, where we spend the evening on the foothills of the volcan Villarrica. B, L, D.
Volcan Villarrica (2845 mts.) From Pucon, we drive to the ski resort where we start our ascent. At the summit, we have lunch by the crater before the ski down to the base and then drive all the way to the town of Curacautin. Elevation gain: 1700 mts. B, L, D.
Volcan Llaima (3070 mts). At the foothills of Llaima we start our climb on the north face of the mountain. Being a long ascent (1900 meters) we start quite early. After fantastic touring and another summit we ski down towards the Araucaria forest to get to our vehicles. From here we drive back to Curacautin, with a stop at the Manzanar hot springs. B, LB, D.
Volcan Lonquimay (2850 mts). On our last peak, we get to Corralco Ski Resort where we ascend the volcano from its east side. Once at the summit, we might be able to do a few laps on the crater, which usually offers amazing powder. After going down, we have the chance of keep skiing on the resort until leaving the mountain towards our next hots pring stop at Mallancahuello. Back to Curacautin to spend the night and celebrate with a traditional “asado”. Elevation gain: 1300 meters. B, L, D.
Puerto Montt. After breakfast we leave Curacautin and drive all the way south to Puerto Montt for your flight back home. B, L, D.
Follow us on: