BARILOCHE HUT TO HUT TREK
Located in Argentina, at the border with Chile, Bariloche is the mountaineering classic mecca in South America. The trek from Catedral to Colonia Suiza covers amazing terrain through valleys and above-the-treeline ridges, taking advantage of full service huts on the way..
Bariloche Hut to Hut trek is a 100 km journey with amazing views of Mt Tronador, the Frey granite spires and the countless lakes that surround the area.
Bariloche is our starting point, where we meet, make an introduction to the trip and enjoy dinner together in town.
The next drive to the foothills of Cerro Catedral, where the trail starts a long traverse to the Van Titter creek, which we follow to get to our first destination, the Frey Hut. World class destination for rock climbers, Frey could be called the place local mountaineering was born. On the next day, we get deep in the mountains, crossing two valleys to get to the Jakob lake and the hut that lies by its side. Jakob is another refugio full of history and a magic place to spend the night.
O the most technical day we climb to the Pico Refugio and then follow the sharp ridge of Cerro Navidad to get to the Laguna Negra Hut and next day all the way to Cerro Lopez, where the views of the lakes below are breathtaking. On our last day we hike down the arroyo Lopez until the road, where we drive to the Cervezeria nearby to have our last dinner and celebrate a fantastic trip
● Experience a Patagonia classic itinerary with comfortable full service huts for lodging
● Enjoy the Argentinean cultural experience, its great food, people, and the charming town of Bariloche
● Take advantage of the personalized service that makes Andes Mountain Guides the best option in Patagonia.
AMG offers the highest standards on Patagonia trekking trips. Being a small company specialized on custom programs, we offer a personalized service in every aspect, with the advantage of having an office both in Argentina and in the USA. Our IFMGA and AAGM certified guides are elite mountaineers with extensive experience working not only in Patagonia but all around the world.
- AAGM/UIMLA Mountain Guides (English-Spanish)
- All food when trekking/climbing
- 2 Restaurant dinners in town (drinks not included)
- 4 nights full board at the huts
- Private ground transportation during the trip
- 24/7 assistance in the US and ARG before and during the program.
- Personal Porters
- Restaurant and Hut drinks
- Personal non-technical equipment
- Personal expenses
- Rescue costs and extra expenses caused by abandoning the trip
- Skill level: Intermediate. 6 to 8 hour days with
a 15 pounds pack
- Location: Bariloche, Patagonia Argentina
- Length: 5 days
- Trekker/guide ratio: 1:1 / 4:1
- Cost per person: 1:1 US$1800 4:1 US$1300
- Departure dates: on request from October to April.
Bariloche. We meet the night before to check gear, make an introduction to the trek and enjoy dinner together.
Bariloche- Frey. We pick you up at your hotel where we check gear and arrange the last details. In the morning we drive to Cerro Catedral, where we start our traverse to Frey. 4 hours. LB, D.
Frey to Jakob. Early in the morning we have breakfast at the hut and start hiking towards the ridge going down to the Rucaco Valley later. After crossing the valley and gaining another ridge we get to see the Jakob lagoon and the hut, our next objective. 6 hours. B, LB, D.
Jakob to Laguna Negra. After a relaxed night at the hut we leave it after breakfast. We climb Pico Refugio, a technical passage before getting later to the Cerro Navidad. After a high traverse following the ridge we have Laguna Negra around the corner. 6 hours. B, LB, D.
Laguna Negra to Lopez. From Laguna negra we get to the Bailley Willis ridge, with amazing views of Mt Tronador, After several hours we hike down to the Lopez hut, sert in a fantastic location, with panoramic views of the Nahuel Huapi and Moreno lakes. 6 hours. B, LB, D
Lopez to Bariloche. From the hut we follow the Lopez creek all the way down to the road from where we drive to your hotel. We get together at night for a farewell dinner. B, LB, D