Mt Tronador Ascent
slopes up to 50 degrees. 10 hour day on summit.
• Location: Bariloche, Patagonia Argentina
• Length: 3 days
• Climber/guide ratio: 1:1 / 2:1
• Cost per person: 1:1 US$1150 2:1 US$800
• Departure dates: on request from October to April.
- IFMGA/UIAGM Mountain Guides (English-Spanish)
- All food when trekking/climbing
- Restaurant and Hut meals (drinks not included) as seen on itinerary.
- All camping and cooking gear
- Private ground transportation during the trip
- Group technical gear (ropes, climbing gear, snow shovel, maps, G.P.S, compass, etc)
- 24/7 assistance in the US before and during the program.
- Not included
- Plane tickets
- Personal Porters
- Restaurant Meals and those meals not listed in the itinerary
- Restaurant and Hut drinks
- Personal equipment
- Personal expenses
- Rescue costs and extra expenses caused by abandoning the trip”
Bariloche- Pampa Linda. We pick you up at your hotel where we check gear and arrange the last details. Drive to Pampa Linda, check in with the park rangers and hike 4/5 hours to Meiling Hut at 1900 mts. In the evening we arrange our equipment enjoy dinner at the hut and get ready for summit day. LB, D.
Tronador Summit. Early in the morning we have breakfast at the hut and start hiking on the glacier to take advantage of the firm frozen snow. Our first challenge will be to traverse the Filo de La Vieja, a sharp ridge that divides two glaciers. After a technical descend from the Filo, we keep traversing though crevasses and seracs until reaching the big plateau before the summit. From here the terrain gets steeper and windier by the pass, so we change techniques to short roping, pitching and/or rope fixing to deal with the last challenging section that leads us to the summit of the Argentinean Peak. After spending some time on the top, we traverse down back to the hut. B, LB, D.
Pampa Linda/Bariloche. After a great rest at the hut we leave it after breakfast. We retrieve the moraines and forest to get back to Pampla Linda, where we have Lunch before start driving to Bariloche. Later in the evening we make a stop at the brewery for a deserved celebration before taking you to your Hotel. B. L.