Piedra Parada Sport Climbing
Single and multipitch. No experience required.
• Location: Chubut, Patagonia Argentina
• Length: 7 days
• Climber/guide ratio: 1:1 / 2:1
• Cost per person: 1:1 US$2100 2:1 US$1400
• Departure dates: on request from September to May.
- IFMGA/UIAGM Mountain Guide (English-Spanish)
- 2 Hotel nights in Bariloche
- All food when trekking/climbing
- Restaurant dinners (drinks not included) as seen on itinerary
- All camping and cooking gear
- Private ground transportation during the trip
- Group technical gear (ropes, climbing gear, snow shovel, maps, G.P.S, compass, etc)
- Satellite phone service
- 24/7 assistance in the US before and during the program
- Not included
- Plane tickets
- Restaurant Meals not listed in the itinerary
- Restaurant drinks
- Personal equipment
- Personal expenses
- Rescue costs and extra expenses caused by abandoning the trip
Bariloche. We meet at the airport and transfer to your hotel where we do an intro of the trip and check gear. After we go out for dinner. This cozy town by the lake offers good restaurants, nightlife and D.
Piedra Parada. From downtown we start driving south on the 40 route. We first pass through El Bolsón, a nice small town before starting to leave the mountains and getting to the desert. After a 4 hours ride we get to the Chubut River where Piedra Parada and LA Buitrera are. We set camp take a rest and go for our first session in the Canyon. In the night, we have dinner by the fire, and enjoy a pleasant and quit night by the river. B, LB, D.
DAY 3 to 5
Climbing Piedra Parada . We spend the next 3 days in this rock paradise by the river, choosing routes according to individual climbing skills and objectives. Here we’ll be able to climb single and multi-pitch routes, every level available, always surrounded by this amazing Patagonian landscape. B, LB, D.
Bariloche. After our last morning of climbing we drive north , in time to get to the hotel for a well deserved shower and a great celebration dinner. B, LB, D.
Flight back. After breakfast we drive to the airport for your flight home. End of our services.