ROCK CLIMBING FREY
5.7 to 5.11. No experience required.
• Location: Bariloche, Patagonia Argentina
• Length: 7 days
• Climber/guide ratio: 1:1 / 2:1
• Cost per person: 1:1 US$3200 2:1 US$2100
• Departure dates: on request from October to March.
- IFMGA/UIAGM Mountain Guides (English-Spanish)
- 2 Hotel nights in Bariloche
- All food when trekking/climbing
- Restaurant dinners (drinks not included) as seen on itinerary.
- All camping and cooking gear
- Private ground transportation during the trip
- Porter for food and group gear.
- Group technical gear (ropes, climbing gear, snow shovel, maps, G.P.S, compass, etc)
- Satellite phone service
- 24/7 assistance in the US before and during the program.
- Not included
- Plane tickets
- Personal Porters
- Restaurant Meals and those meals not listed in the itinerary
- Restaurant drinks
- Personal equipment
- Personal expenses
- Rescue costs and extra expenses caused by abandoning the trip”
Bariloche. We meet at the airport and transfer to your hotel where we do an intro of the trip and check gear. After we go out for dinner. This cozy town by the lake offers good restaurants, nightlife and D.
Frey approach. From downtown we drive to the foothills of Cerro Catedral, a world class ski resort. From here we traverse by the Gutierrez Lake to get to the Van Titter creek and walk the last switchbacks to Refugio Frey, at 1770 meters above sea level. A porter will help us with the supplies for the next days. After getting there, we set up our tents and get the first glimpse of the area granite spires. Depending on how we feel, we might do some climbing in the evening.
DAY 3 to 5
Climbing Frey . We spend the next 3 days in this rock paradise by the lake, choosing routes according to individual climbing skills and objectives. Here we’ll be able to climb single and multi-pitch routes ranging from bolted faces to long cracks, always surrounded by this amazing Patagonian landscape.
Bariloche. After our last session of climbing we hike down towards our car, in time to get to the hotel for a well deserved shower and a great celabration dinner. D.
Flight back. After breakfast we drive to the airport for your flight home. End of our services.