BAGUALES HUT TO HUT SKI TOUR
in BC ski required.
• Location: Bariloche, Patagonia
• Length: 5 days
• Climber/guide ratio: 1:1 / 4:1
• Cost per person: 1:1 US$3200 4:1 US$2500
• Departure dates: on request from July to October.
- IFMGA/UIAGM Mountain Guide (English-Spanish)
- All food when in the mountains
- Restaurant dinners as seen in the itinerary
- All the lodging during the trip
- Private ground transportation
- Satellite communication service
- 24/7 assistance before and during the program.
- Not included
- Plane tickets
- Restaurant meals not listed in the itinerary
- Restaurant /Lodge drinks
- Personal equipment
- Personal expenses
- Rescue costs and extra expenses caused by abandoning the trip
- Lift tickets if used
Bariloche. We meet at the airport and transfer to your hotel where we do an intro of the trip and check gear. After we go out for dinner. This cozy town by the lake offers good restaurants, vibrant nightlife and friendly people. D.
Baguales Mountain Reserve. We drive south for an hour on the 40 route to get to Baguales. We cross the river on our truck and use our skis to get to the Mesada Hut, just by a huge plateau surrounded by steep mountains. In the afternoon we do our first ski session at the Villegas range and get back to our comfortable hut to get dinner by the fire. B, LB, D.
Refugio Villegas. After a good breakfast we traverse a few hours to get to the Villegas hut, deep into the woods of the Valle Norte. From here we go skiing to the Villegas range, which offers great alpine terrain. B, LB, D.
Refugio Pintado. Frrom Villegas we start a long traverse with great downhill skiing on our way to the next cabin. During the day we summit Central, Pintado and Gemelos before a long ski run that will take as to the door of the Pintado Hut, set in beautiful valley at the foothills of the Cerro Carreras. 4 to 6 hours. B, LB, D.
Refugio Mesada. On our last day of the traverse, we close the loop skiing back to the Mesada Hut, covering new terrain and crossing two valleys with great downhill ski options. Once at the main hut, we head down to our hotel in Bariloche and go out for our last dinner. B, L, D.