Tronador Glacier Trek
slopes up to 35 degrees. 6 hour trekking journeys.
• Location: Bariloche, Patagonia Argentina
• Length: 3 days
• Trekker/guide ratio: 1:1 / 4:1
• Cost per person: 1:1 US$1150 4:1 US$700
• Departure dates: on request from October to April.
- IFMGA/UIAGM Mountain Guides (English-Spanish)
- All food when trekking/climbing
- 2 Restaurant dinners in town (drinks not included)
- 2 nights full board at the huts (Meiling, Roca)
- Private ground transportation during the trip
- Boat Blest-Bariloche tickets
- Technical gear (ropes, harness, crampons, helmets, etc)
- 24/7 assistance in the US and ARG before and during the program.
- Not included
- Personal Porters
- Restaurant and Hut drinks
- Personal non-technical equipment
- Personal expenses
- Rescue costs and extra expenses caused by abandoning the trip
Bariloche- Pampa Linda. We pick you up at your hotel where we check gear and arrange the last details. Drive to Pampa Linda, check in with the park rangers and hike 4/5 hours to Meiling Hut at 1900 mts. In the evening we arrange our equipment enjoy dinner at the hut and get ready for summit day. LB, D.
Glaciar Alerce- Refugio Roca. Early in the morning we have breakfast at the hut and start hiking on the glacier to take advantage of the firm frozen snow. We travel roped and equipped with crampons and ice axes. After crossing the glacier we leave our technical gear and start our hike down to the Paso the las Nubes, following a beautiful path along waterfalls and green meadows. 5 hours. B, LB, D.
Refugio Roca- Bariloche. After a relaxed night at the hut we leave it after breakfast. We follow the valley to the Frias lake, where which we cross by boat. Later, after some more hiking, we get to Puerto Blest, from where we navigate the Nahuel Huapi lake to Puerto Pañuelo in Bariloche. We make a stop at the brewery for a deserved celebration before taking you to your Hotel. 5 hours. B. L.