Bariloche Backcountry Ski Day Trips
● Visit a classic backcountry ski objective like the Van Titter Valley, or Cerro Lopez, among other local gems.
● Enjoy the Argentinean and Chilean culture, its great food, people and landscapes
● Learn and refine your technique helped by a top notch guide and local expert.
● Take advantage of the personalized service that makes Andes Mountain Guides the best option in Patagonia
Te Bariloche area offers many backcountry ski objectives for a full day on the hills. From the Van Titter valley, heading to Frey Hut, to the classic Cerro Challuaco or the woods at Lopez, any of this mountains mean great skiing with fantastic views. The sidecountry of Cerro Catedral also provides the perfect terrain for a full day of learning basic backcountry techniques, as well as for refining skills, or just having fun.
on alpine skiing required.
• Location: Bariloche, Patagonia. Argentina.
• Length: 1 day
• Climber/guide ratio: 1:1 / 5:1
• Cost per person: 1:1 US$300 5:1 US$130
• Departure dates: on request from August to October.
- IFMGA/UIAGM Mountain Guide (English-Spanish)
- Private ground transportation
- Group technical gear (rope, climbing gear, snow shovel, maps, G.P.S, compass, etc)
- Satellite communication service
- Personal accidents insurance
- 24/7 assistance before and during the program.
- Not included
- Restaurant meals not listed in the itinerary
- Restaurant drinks
- Personal equipment
- Personal expenses
- Rescue costs and extra expenses caused by abandoning the trip
- Lift tickets
Bariloche. Early in the morning we meet for coffee and checking gear, and then we choose our objective, based on weather, snow conditions and personal preferences. The top picks in the Bariloche area could involve a chair lift, like Van Titter-Frey and Catedral side-country or just a drive like Challuaco, Cerro Lopez, Cerros Goye-BellaVista or Pitriquitron. During the day, we´ll look for snow quality and great runs, always following IFMGA safety standards and also focusing on helping you to be a better backcountry skier at the end of the day. After skiing we enjoy a cold beer at the local brewery.