Chilean Volcanoes Ski Mountaineering Day Trips
● Visit a classic Chilean ski objective like Osorno, Llaima or Lonquimay, among other local gems.
● Enjoy the Chilean culture, its great food, people and landscapes
● Learn and refine your technique helped by a top notch guide and local expert.
● Take advantage of the personalized service that makes Andes Mountain Guides the best option in Patagonia
Te Southern Volcanoes area offers many ski mountaineering objectives for a full day on the mountains. From the conic Osorno to the Jurassic landscape of Llaima and Lonquimay, any of this volcanoes mean a challenging climb, great skiing and fantastic views.
on alpine skiing required.
• Location: Osorno and Temuco areas, Chile.
• Length: 1 day
• Climber/guide ratio: 1:1 / 2:1
• Cost per person: 1:1 US$300 2:1 US$200
• Departure dates: on request from July to October.
- IFMGA/UIAGM Mountain Guide (English- French-Spanish)
- Private ground transportation
- Group technical gear (rope, climbing gear, snow shovel, maps, G.P.S, compass, etc)
- Satellite communication service
- 24/7 assistance before and during the program.
- Not included
- Restaurant meals not listed in the itinerary
- Restaurant drinks
- Personal equipment
- Personal expenses
- Rescue costs and extra expenses caused by abandoning the trip
- Lift tickets
Osorno/Temuco. Early in the morning we meet for coffee and checking gear, and then we choose our objective, based on weather, snow conditions and personal preferences. The top picks in the Osorno area are Volcan Osorno and Volcan Casablanca; the pickup time will depend on the peak chosen. The same for its northern neighbors, Llaima and Lonquimay, approached from Temuco or Curacautin. Every volcano will involve a couple of hours driving and an optional chair lift, if time or weather is an issue. After the ascent, that may include crampons and ice axe on the last section, we´ll look for snow quality and the best lines for descent. Always following IFMGA safety standards, we also focus on helping you to be a better backcountry skier at the end of the day. After skiing we drive back to town and enjoy a cold beer at the local brewery.