SKI VOLCAN LANIN
● Experience a classic ski mountaineering objective in the Patagonia, with 2,5k meters of downhill
● Ski fresh tracks out of the crowds, enjoying the solitude of Lanin in winter
● Learn and refine your ski mountaineering techniques helped by a top notch guide and local expert
● Take advantage of the personalized service that makes Andes Mountain Guides the best option in Patagonia
L anin is the highest volcano of the classic ski mountaineering circuit in Patagonia. It rises up to 3700 meters above sea level and reaching its summit reward us with amazing views of Villarrica, Tronador, Llaima and other beautiful mountains both in Chilean and Argentinean sides. From the top, 2500 meters of downhill fun await us, from powder to spring conditions. Skiing Lanin down all the way to the valley is a fantastic experience for the backcountry skier.
7/9 hour day on summit
• Location: Lanin NP, Patagonia Argentina
• Length: 2 days
• Climber/guide ratio: 1:1 / 4:1
• Cost per person: 1:1 US$750 4:1 US$500
• Departure dates: on request from July to November
- IFMGA/UIAGM Mountain Guides (English-Spanish)
- All food when trekking/climbing
- Private ground transportation during the trip
- Group technical gear (ropes, climbing gear, snow shovel, maps, G.P.S, compass, etc)
- 24/7 assistance before and during the program.
- Not included
- Plane tickets
- Park fees
- Restaurant drinks
- Personal equipment
- Personal expenses
- Rescue costs and extra expenses caused by abandoning the trip
Bariloche /San Martin. We meet at your hotel where we do an intro of the trip and check gear.
Bariloche/San Martin- Lanin. We pick you up at your hotel where we check gear and arrange the last details. Drive to Junin de los Andes and then to the Park, check in with the park rangers and skin up 5 hours to RIM Hut at 2300 mts. In the evening we do a few laps around the hut, arrange our equipment, enjoy dinner and get ready for summit day. LB, D.
Lanin Summit. Before sunrise we have breakfast at the hut and later we start our ascent. We skin up for several hours to get to the last section, which usually involves the use of crampons and ice axe. After spending some time on the top, we enjoy superb downhill skiing all the way to the hut. After a quick rest we keep skiing down to the valley where we get our vehicle, and drive back to Bariloche. Once in town we go for the mandatory visit to the microbrewery before taking you to your hotel. B, LB.