FREY BACKCOUNTRY SKI
in BC ski required
• Location: Bariloche, Patagonia Argentina
• Length: 4 days
• Climber/guide ratio: 1:1 / 4:1
• Cost per person: 1:1 US$1200 4:1 US$700
• Departure dates: on request from August to October.
- IFMGA/UIAGM Mountain Guide (English-Spanish)
- All food when in the mountains
- Farewell restaurant dinner (drinks not included) as seen on itinerary.
- 3 nights full board at Frey Hut
- Private ground transportation during the trip
- Porter for food and group gear.
- Group technical gear (ropes, climbing gear, snow shovel, maps, G.P.S, compass, etc)
- Satellite phone service
- 24/7 assistance in the US before and during the program.
- Not included
- Plane tickets
- Personal Porters
- Restaurant Meals and those meals not listed in the itinerary
- Restaurant drinks
- Personal equipment
- Personal expenses
- Rescue costs and extra expenses caused by abandoning the trip
- Lift tickets
Frey approach. From downtown we drive to the foothills of Cerro Catedral, a world class ski resort. Depending on conditions, we can traverse the summer trail or take the Catedral Resort lifts and traverse the ridge to gain the Paso del Viento and access the Van Titter creek run, which makes a great start of the trip. Once at the hut, we get confortable, take a rest and go for a few laps around the lake. LB, D.
DAYS 2 and 3
Frey BC Ski. These two days we try to cover the best ski terrain in the area. The options are many, from classic moderate runs and traverses with amazing views to technical narrow couloirs by sharp granite spires. Always using Frey for lodging and chilling. B, LB, D
Frey to Bariloche. On our last day, we do the last session early in the morning, then we traverse back to the ski resort, this time through a different pass, which takes us to ski Lagunita, another classic in the area. After skiing to the base of Catedral, we drive to town for dinner and celebration at the local brewery. B, LB, D